Thursday, March 26, 2015

Vulnerability looks like

This week has a brought a new lesson in dating and being present with who you are. I am comprised of a lifetime of lessons, yet I am open to the new ones that have not even hearkened my path. Many of us that are single attempt to protect are vulnerabilities and weaknesses from the outside world. That may work for a moment, but if you are truly interested in dating and turning me into we, then you must open your heart and mind.

Now no one is saying that you can't have fun and that every person you sit down with is the one. But, I am saying that you must embrace the messiness that makes you, you. You must love the good and bad. And you must be okay with rejection and disappointment. Or else, you will climb back into that shell and be content.

We are constantly works in progress but every now and then I decide to throw myself back into the fray of mingling and dating and I am amazed and sometimes dismayed at the outcome of my experiences. But, they are mine to love and hate and forgive. Because at the end of it all I'm human first, woman next, parent, actress, writer, teacher, and everything else in between. I have a heart, spirit and soul.

And no matter the risk, I bounce back a bit quicker each time. And I find joy in the small moments. I find laughter and intimacy in the light and the dark. And most of all I display my vulnerable and find  beauty instead of shame. In other words I choose to live a lot more each day I am blessed to be on this earthly plane.

And to that, I will always say yes because I'm not promised tomorrow nor am I promised a happily ever after. But, I am promised lessons, joy, and laughter. And that is enough...for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment